1824 Felix Ave.
Memphis, TN 38114
I am a computer programmer by trade and a serial hobbyist in my personal time. Generally my work has been web programming, server side programming in particular, but I have also done network distributed java applications, iOS mobile apps, standard executable programs in C++ and advanced applications and games in flash using actionscript. I additionally have done many things outside my trade that help me have a well rounded approach to new problems as well as giving me good tools to communicate better in varying situations. I pride myself on being able to communicate complex technical details of my work and my teammates work to non technical persons and other departments.
My work has also put me in positions of leadership at different times conducting the work of anywhere from 3 to 12 other developers and coordinating those efforts into a solid and cohesive final product. These experiences have also taught me how to balance the people on a team, recognizing how to best utilize the talents of each member and to maintain each persons feeling of worth, importance and appreciation. I believe that treating people right and working to maintain their emotional well being can be immensely valuable to the productivity of a team as well as the quality of the final product they produce.
- Objective C
- Webserver Administration
- MySQL, SQL Server and PostgreSQL databases
- Martial Arts
- Computer Maintenance
- Explaining Things
Lokion, 88 Union Ave. 9'th Floor
Developer from 3.2012 to present
Yusen Logistics, 1900 Charles Bryan Rd. Cordova, TN. 38016.
Junior Java Developer from 1.2012 to 3.2012
- Development of an Enterprise Service Bus using java, spring and the mule framework
- Debugging and Documenting the service bus project
- Facilitating cross communication of teams involved in order to meet internal deadlines
Development of a pure java backup system to the service bus as a failsafe for times when the JMS broker was inactive. Completed in 2 days this accomplished all of the base functions of the original system and processes data 10x faster.
Testing and learning a proprietary java framework (mulesoft). Identified several bugs in the business logic system and in the server environment and adjusted the solution to accommodate problems found.
The Commercial Appeal, 495 Union Ave. Memphis, TN. 38103.
On-Site Developer from 10.2009 to 12.2011
- Maintaining several Linux and Windows based servers
- Developing new unique tools to make the company website more useful to the people of Memphis
- Consulting for journalists and non-technical people on the feasibility of development projects before talking to outside vendors
Near complete redesign of a flash based crime mapping tool for the city of Memphis. This project was under development for 3 years before I arrived and was unusably slow. In the space of two months I had made it fast and user friendly enough to be used as a flagship promotion of a story series on crime in the city.
Development from scratch of several fully featured CMS systems for new websites that allowed non-technical users to enter such data as stories, restaurant listings, calendar events, recipies, company profiles and more.
Resolute Games, 516 Tennessee St. Memphis, TN 38103.
Game Programmer and Software Project Manager from 7.2009 to 3.2010
- Programming games for the iPhone platform
- Managing the development of a large multi-platform software endeavor
- Setting tasks for developers and artists
- Organizing release goals into distinct version rollouts
- Managing the work of the team in order to meet deadlines
- Overseeing the work of up to 12 other developers
- Fostering collaboration of talents from several different departments to arrive at a single vision
Plummet is a casual iPhone game with professional polish. For this game I invented and developed a level system that allows for the infinite generation of a never ending hole in the ground that the player explores. Difficulties included making the never ending level from limited art assets without a repetitive appearance as well as the gradual and subtle increase of difficulty as the game progresses. Additionally I fine tuned the accelerometer controls for balanced gameplay and developed the hit detection algorithms for obstacles and collectibles.
Signature Marketing, 1755 Kirby Parkway, Suite 200, Memphis, TN 38120.
Head Developer from 12.2006 to 10.2009 - Hired as IT Specialist, 12.2005
- Maintaining and modifying an inventory management system in java using jsp and servlets.
- Maintaining and modifying a java web start application used in order fulfillment.
- Designing and implementing a wide variety of websites and web-based tools and games.
- Debugging CSS and HTML developed by myself and others for better browser compatibility.
- Working with clients as needed to ensure the sites developed will suit corporate needs.
- Overseeing the work of up to four other developers on a variety of projects.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting several public and private UNIX, LINUX and OS X servers.
- Complete development of a pseudo-3D flash video game for Homewood Suites. Featured flying and collecting items with smooth controls. Used XML based levels that a non-programmer could create and modify.
- A massively multi-user online game that rewarded players for picking NFL game stats correctly throughout the football season. Developed in-house and maintained over a period of two years.
- 3d virtual FedEx Kinkos stores developed in flash to help managers with in-store sign placement.
- Several complex data-driven web projects, including a sales lead tracking system, customized mass email communication tools and employee evaluation systems for FedEx
- Custom Joomla and Drupal based CMS sites
Diamond Productions, 3814 High Bridge Court, Memphis, 38118
Video Editor - Contract basis, Summer and Fall 2004
Logged and edited video for a 30-minute TV show.
Edited a music video and several commercial spots.
Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology, Component Programming, 5.2007 - Southwest TN
Completed program 12.2005
Diploma, Germantown High School, 6.2001
References available on request.